Sunday, September 13, 2009

An extra special Auburn birthday surprise!

Submitted by Eddie McCoy - You can read lots of great Auburn insight at Eddie's blog http://auburnfootballinsider.blogspot.com/

With Sept. 12th, my birthday approaching, i'm reminded of the last time Auburn played on that same date, and it was back in 1998 against Ole Miss in Oxford. As some of you might or might not know, is that I served as a football manager, between 1996 and 1999. Most of the time as a student manager, I rode with the head equipment manager, Frank Cox in the equipment truck, and one of my many duties was to always take a last look around the locker room before we pulled out.
I was walking back in the lockerroom to make sure that we had not left anything, especially a players pads or helmet, and when I made a turn to check out the shower area, what to my wondering eyes should I see.....but all the female cheerleaders taking a shower. I'm sure they had assumed that we had already left and therefore jumped in, but I think I stood their staring for what probably was only a few seconds, but it  felt like forever. They evidentually saw me, and I quickly ducked out before they could scream, which they didn't, and I left, but it was the best impromptu birthday gift that I ever received that involved a football game. That is one Auburn Football memory among many that will be permantely ingrained into my memory.

1 comment: